Wednesday 30 October 2013

A Happy Day

During the times I am going through fertility treatment I get a little obsessive compulsive. My mind temporarily shuts out the outside world and thinks about one thing, getting pregnant. It's as if my thoughts become paralyzed. I find myself barely able to prepare a meal, watch a show, or hold a conversation. This state of mind is exhausting and leads to burn-out, depression and isolation.

It takes a few days after a failed treatment to get back into the rhythm of normal life. In this case, it's been 5 days since the D&C. I finally had a really happy day.

This is what it looked like: A good book, a honey ginger tea, a park bench bathed in warm sun, a crisp blue autumn sky, red, leaves changing colours, baby asleep in stroller next to me. Perfection. Thank-you universe for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment